Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Dress Up Days - Like it or Not.

Today at school, we had an assembly addressing teen dating violance. We actually had two assemblies, one for boys and one for girls. They were pretty good, but all the teachers were asked to wear t-shirts that said "I DESERVE to be treated with respect". Now, this is a great saying especially when tied in with the assembly. But I'll admit that I felt a litte foolish because out of context, I was demanding students respect. But it was all good. I just thought I'd share with everyone.

Ashlyn today wanted to dress up as well, only her ideas was PINK! So, she dressed herself. She did pretty good until the pink cowboy boots, that she insisted was a wise choice because it could break the ice. "See Mom!" as she stomps her feet and then promptly slips and falls. She was ok, but her pride was hurt a bit. She did look pretty cute.

1 comment:

Mardi said...

I love your background - it is darling. Where did you find it? Your daughter looks adorable. I'd have to say she did a pretty good job dressing herself.