Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad (Grandpa)!

This past weekend, we celebrated my dad's 56th birthday. Even though it's not another week or so. We all met at Lindsay's apartment and we made a pasta bar. I made the Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce recipe and it was yummy! We gave dad a gift certificate to Rush's and basically we just enjoyed the afternoon together. It was fun.

Here's the recipe:

Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
1 pint of heavy cream
1 stick of butter
2 Tablespoons of cream cheese
1/2 - 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
I a saucepan melt butter. When butter is melted add cream cheese. When the cream cheese is softened add heavy cream and garlic powder. Simmer for 15-20 minutes on low, add the Parmesan cheese. You may wish to season with a little salt and pepper.
**I found this recipe at www.cookingcache.com

2 comments:

hmmm said...

mmmm mmmmm mmmmmm!
My stomach is rumbling!!

The Ray Reader said...

What a great picture of the family. Who is with Lindsey, is that her boyfriend?!? I will have to try the sauce, sounds yummy!!!